Dual Camera Print Verification System for leaflets:
A very efficiently designed system that contains two smart cameras from Topsenso,Germany. This system is used for the verification of the correctness of Pharma Leaflets / inserts and outserts. The cameras are installed on a leaflet folding machine. One camera verifies the upper surface while the other checks the lower surface of the leaflet. This system helps you to improve the quality of your output and makes sure that no major defects go undetected.
The camera is smart enough to read and verify the following:
- Blank sheet / print presence.
- A particular pattern / sequence of characters (Online Character Recognition).
- Pharmacode with verification of its value.
- 1 D Barcode with verification of its value.
- 2 D Barcode (data matrix ) with verification of its value.
System consists of a large 15” / 12″ display with touch screen, 2 smart cameras and a control unit. One camera verifies the upper surface while the other camera verifies the lower surface of the leaflets. This system easily facilitates the user to set the parameters of the job, the cameras and also shows the images taken by the cameras.
The cameras are mounted on the machine in such a way that the horizontal movement of the cameras is very easy and the vertical adjustment of cameras or sensors required is minimal. This system comes with a simple to use and operator friendly GUI.
Dual Camera: Salient Features
- Specially designed to suit all the requirements of a document folding machine.
- Provides confirmation of statutory activities like line clearance, removal of make ready sheets, quality check etc.
- Provides a complete report of the job with all features mentioned above along with good number of leaflets, bad number of leaflets and the total number of leaflets
- Embedded technology with smart cameras.
- Connectivity with the plant server through Ethernet and also a provision for taking backup of reports on pen drive is provided
- Can view an enlarged image of the document in “Full screen” mode.
Action against defect:
The systems generates a “Machine stop” signal against any defective leaflet passing through any of the two cameras. The operator must acknowledge the error and remove the defective sheet. The defect image is displayed on the screen.
In case the machine is equipped with “Ejection” mechanism, the dual camera system is capable of ejecting the defective sheet without disturbing the machine. Also, an additional sensor for output count and ejection verification is also provided to give a clear idea of wastage on the machine.